Revision Date: 10/02/2019
A. WHAT INFORMATION BACKGROUND SCREENERS OF AMERICA COLLECTS
Users utilize Background Screeners of America to order, view, and share results of Background Screeners of America Services. As part of this process, Background Screeners of America collects two (2) types of information about you or the individuals you are ordering services on: Personal and Non-Personal Information.
“Personal Information.”Personal Information is any information about an identifiable individual (e.g. name, address, social security number, date of birth, telephone number and e-mail address), or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from the information. Background Screeners of America may collect Personal Information when you use the Background Screeners of America Services. You may either enter in the information manually by typing it, or it may be mapped via regular expressions on the HTML of the page you are ordering from. Background Screeners of America only collects personal information necessary to perform services you have engaged us to perform on your behalf.
“Non-Personal Information.”Non-Personal Information is information that does not, by itself, identify you as a specific individual (e.g. website visitations limited to Background Screeners of America domains or products). In addition to collection methods utilized for Personal Information above, Background Screeners of America may also collect Non-Personal Information automatically through use of technologies described below.
B. HOW BACKGROUND SCREENERS OF AMERICA COLLECTS INFORMATION
Registration. Prior to using one or more of the Background Screeners of America Services, Background Screeners of America may require you to provide certain Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to create an account (“Account”) or to enable features or functionality of the Background Screeners of America.
For Users, Background Screeners of America may gather Personal Information about organizational representatives via various methods (phone, email, online forms, in-person meetings) but only if such Personal Information is submitted voluntarily. Background Screeners of America may use such Personal Information for sales, marketing, and support of the Background Screeners of America. This Personal Information is never shared with third parties other than Third Party Service Providers utilized by a User in connection with Background Screeners of America Services, or as otherwise permitted by this Policy.
User communications: When you send email or other communications to Background Screeners of America, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve the Background Screeners of America.
Payment Information: When creating an Account, for certain Background Screeners of America Services, or when you make online purchases, you may be asked to provide information, which may include your payment instrument number (e.g., credit card), your name and billing address, and the security code associated with your payment instrument (e.g., the CSV) and other financial data (“Payment Information”). We use Payment Information to complete transactions and for the detection and prevention of fraud. When you provide Payment Information, we will store that data to help you complete future transactions without your having to provide the information again. We do not, however, retain the security code associated with your payment instrument (e.g., the CSV) in this manner. To remove or modify Payment Information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that Background Screeners of America reserves the right to retain Payment Information for as long as reasonably necessary to complete an existing transaction with you and for the detection and prevention of fraud after account closure or removal of Payment Information,
Third Party Databases. We may collect information about you from other sources including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data. Aggregating this data with prior data allows us to evaluate our services’ effectiveness by analyzing our records.
- Address information about you from third-party sources, such as the U.S. Postal Service, to verify your address before we send you mail;
- The U.S. Federal Do Not Call registry, to verify do not call preferences recorded there;
- Census and other aggregate data sources containing statistical information about people who share some of your traits or demographic markers.
Information Collected Through Technology.Background Screeners of America automatically collects and receives certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on any websites you request to interact or integrate with, the Background Screeners of America Software and the Background Screeners of America Services, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies. If you have an Account, we may link this Non-Personal Information to your Account to better understand your needs and the needs of Users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, provide services, improve the features and usability of the Background Screeners of America, and better understand and market to our customers and Users.
Methods Used to Automatically Gather Information:
- IP Address. You may visit many areas of the Background Screeners of America Site anonymously without the need to become a registered User. Even in such cases, Background Screeners of America may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin services with an Internet services provider. Each time you access the Background Screeners of America Site and each time you request one of the pages of the Background Screeners of America Site, the server logs your IP address. Background Screeners of America uses tools such as Google Analytics and Pardot to monitor IP addresses of website traffic.
- Web Beacons.Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and e-mails. Background Screeners of America may use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that Background Screeners of America sends to Users to determine whether they have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is Personal Information.
- Do Not Track Standard: The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, the Background Screeners of America Site is not compatible with DNT and so do not recognize DNT settings.
Tracking Content Usage.If you use the Background Screeners of America Services and you post audio visual materials including, without limitation, videos, links, logos, artwork, graphics, pictures, advertisements, sound and other related intellectual property contained in such materials (collectively, “Content”) to your website or to a third party website, Background Screeners of America tracks and captures Non-Personal Information associated with User accounts and the use of Content by those that access your Content.
Information You Provide About a Third Party. Background Screeners of America features allow the User to communicate with others, such as by sending account access to a colleague or notifying an applicant of a request to screen them. In order to use these features, we may ask you to provide certain information about the person with whom you wish to communicate (e.g., name, e-mail address, etc.). Background Screeners of America collects such information for the purposes of facilitating the requested communication, which may contain a specific promotional message from you (e.g., an invitation to watch a video). Unless stated otherwise, Background Screeners of America will not use this information for other marketing purposes without first obtaining consent from the person to whom the relevant information pertains. Please be aware that when you use any invitation functionality on the Background Screeners of America, your e-mail address, name or username, and message may be included in the communication sent to your addressee(s).
C. HOW BACKGROUND SCREENERS OF AMERICA USES YOUR INFORMATION
Personal Information. Background Screeners of America identifies the purpose for which your Personal Information is collected, used or disclosed. If not listed below, we will obtain your express consent for any additional purposes for which we will collect your Personal Information, before or at the time of collection. You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting us (see the “How to Access and Change Your Personal Information” section below).
By using the Background Screeners of America, you consent to our use of your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- communicating with you generally;
- processing your transactions;
- processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you;
- protecting against fraud or error;
- providing information or services requested by you;
- administering and managing the Background Screeners of America Site and our business operations;
- personalizing your experience with the Background Screeners of America Site, as well as evaluating statistics on Background Screeners of America Site activity;
- performing statistical analyses of your behavior and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of the Background Screeners of America Site;
- communicating with you on other websites;
- e-mail communications with you;
- delivery of content and information to Third Party Services Providers;
- complying with legal and governmental requirements; and/or
- fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time that we collect it.
Non-Personal Information. Background Screeners of America may use Non-Personal Information for the following purposes:
- System Administration:To assist in diagnosing problems with Background Screeners of America servers, monitoring Background Screeners of America’s system performance and traffic on the Background Screeners of America and to gather broad demographic information about Users.
- Advertising:To assist in optimizing the delivery of advertisements to viewers of your Content.
D. HOW TO ACCESS AND CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Updating Your Personal Information. Upon request, Users shall be authorized to update, or correct Personal Information previously submitted, but only to the extent such activities do not compromise privacy or security interests. Additionally, upon request, Background Screeners of America shall endeavor to delete Personal Information from the database where such information is stored. Even through compliance with a deletion request, Users are cautioned that residual information may remain due to the manner in which data backups are maintained. Requests may be submitted to email@example.com.
E-mail Preferences. Background Screeners of America may use your Personal Information to send you e-mails periodically listing promotions or events relating to the Background Screeners of America or from Background Screeners of America’s marketing partners or sponsors. You may opt-out of receiving such promotional e-mails by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or following the instructions in such correspondence. Once processed, Background Screeners of America will not send you promotional e-mails unless you opt back in to receiving such communications.
E. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Background Screeners of America sells, transfers or otherwise discloses, or trades your Personal Information to outside parties pursuant to the limitations expressed below. We will not sell, transfer, disclose or trade Personal Information in contravention of law.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to trusted third party service providers who assist us in administering and providing the Background Screeners of America or provide services to us. Examples include storing and managed Content, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, integrations of Third-Party Services such as CRM and MAP services, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers will have access to Personal Information needed solely to perform their functions, and for no other purposes. We may use service providers located outside of Canada, and, if applicable, your Personal Information may be processed and stored in other countries and therefore may be subject to disclosure under the laws of those countries.
- Disclosure of Payment Information with third parties for purposes of fraud prevention or to process payment transactions.
- Release of information to comply with law enforcement and regulatory mandates, as otherwise required under any applicable law, regulation or rule, enforce our policies, or protect our, or others’ rights, property or for safety.
- Bankruptcy or Acquisition. Information, including Personal Information, which we collect from Users and viewers, is considered to be a business asset. As a result, in the unlikely event that we go out of business, enter bankruptcy or if we are acquired as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred to the third-party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
- Certain Identifiable Usage Information. Background Screeners of America may provide Users with certain identifiable usage information directly related to the videos and/or other Content Users make available through use of the Background Screeners of America. This information may include the number and specific content watched by a particular viewer; the viewer’s specific location during viewing, and the frequency with which a particular viewer watched particular Content. In addition, if you, as a viewer, provide Personal Information (e.g. e-mail address) as part of accessing and viewing Content, Background Screeners of America, a provider of Third Party Services or an Integrated Platform on behalf of the User who owns the Content and shared with that User or Third Party Service providers to that User, may collect that Personal Information as we and others are their service provider. The use of such information will be subject to the information and privacy practices and policies of such Users and Background Screeners of America will not be responsible or liable for the use of any information by such Users.
- Under certain exceptional circumstances, Background Screeners of America may have a legal duty or right to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent. In accordance with applicable laws, We will not disclose any consumer information (which may include Personal Information) without your written consent, except where consumer information is required to be disclosed: (i) for billing or market operation purposes; (ii) for law enforcement purposes; or (iii) for the purpose of complying with a legal requirement.
- If your Personal Information is shared with third parties other than Users, those third parties may be, but are not always, subject to appropriate agreements with Background Screeners of America and/or its Users to secure and protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
- We may also provide non-Personal Information to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
F. SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Background Screeners of America is committed to protecting your data and your privacy. Background Screeners of America takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information. These include, but are not limited to, internal reviews of: (a) Background Screeners of America’s data collection; (b) storage and processing practices; (c) electronic security measures; and (d) physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Background Screeners of America stores Personal Information.However, due to the nature of the Internet and related technology, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of Personal Information, and we expressly disclaim any such obligation.
All Background Screeners of America employees, contractors and agents who access Personal Information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution or unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information.
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
G. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
H. HOW TO CONTACT US
Email us: email@example.com at 877-643-2464
Background Screeners of America, LLC
C/O Michael Lotterstein
9333 Melvin Ave
Northridge, CA 91324